Local Charity Benefits from Storage Auctions Buzz
Do good & donate items to your local Storage Facility!
Locally owned Everett Downtown Storage and CharityStorage.com, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization commit to raising funds via storage auction sales.
Under the terms of the partnership, Everett Downtown Storage has devoted a storage unit within each of their Everett storage facilities to be used exclusively as a collection point for donated goods. Existing storage renters, visitors to the storage facility, local residents and businesses, can donate items in good condition to the charity storage unit while also receiving a tax-deductible receipt. Donated goods will then be sold via auction at the time of the company’s next auction sale. 100% of the funds generated from the sale of the donated goods will be distributed across three different non-profit organizations: The Boys & Girls Clubs of Snohomish County, Kure It Cancer Research, and the National Self Storage Scholarship Foundation.
“Reality TV has cast a spotlight on storage auctions leading to record attendance and auction sale income for our businesses. Although we have donated space to numerous community non-profits over the years, this is another unique way we can help with financial contributions to support worthy causes. We are excited to be a part of what Charity Storage is doing on a national scale and to be able to direct the bulk those donation dollars back to kids in our local community. “ says Pat Sievers, owner of Everett Downtown Storage.
About the charities:
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Snohomish County – is a non-profit organization providing kids ages 5-18 with a safe and positive place to spend their time before and after school and in the summer. Our 17 Clubs and 16 extension sites offer programs helping nearly 15,000 kids achieve academic success, live healthy and active lifestyles, and develop good character and leadership skills.
- Kure It Cancer Research – a charitable organization committed to finding a cure for kidney and other underfunded cancers. Since inception in 2007, it has raised over $1,000,000 for such research. 30% of all auction proceeds are donated to Kure It.
- National Self Storage Scholarship Foundation – the foundation grants need-based scholarships of up to $5,000 per college student. 10% of all auction proceeds are donated to the foundation.
Leave a Reply
Self Storage FAQs
- How big of a storage space do I really need?
- How much will a storage unit cost me?
- What options do I have regarding my payment?
- What if I only need storage for a short time?
- When can I access my rented space?
- Where are you located and what should I bring?
- I have some large items, what about access to my space?
- Do I really need a climate controlled space?
- What about security?
- Are my contents insured if something should happen?
- I need some assistance packing and moving my belongings, can you help?
- Is your Rental Truck really FREE?
- I don’t need to move my belongings out of my house for a few more weeks, will you have the space I need then?
- Can I have packages shipped to my unit?
- When is my monthly rental payment due?